I love thrift shops, I like that there is stuff you can’t find anywhere else. Although thrift shops are cool they do have their ups and downs. If you were thinking of shopping at a thrift store here are some things to take into consideration.
Cons because bad news first
- They usually don’t smell the best. I guess when people give their clothes in they don’t clean them, same with their shoes.
- Since the smell is bad in there it may draw you away from the clothes and accessories.
- There could be stains or buttons missing on clothes. Then again that could be fixed.
- If you really like something but it’s partly broke you’ll have to fix it. You won’t get a damage discount either because everything in there in pretty cheap anyway.
- Someone you don’t even know used to wear though’s clothes. Although someone you don’t even know tries on the clothes in dressing rooms at regular stores too.
Pros- Now the good news
- Low prices usually
- You can find something unique that no one else has. Fashion designers, stylist for TV shows, and fashion loving celebs love Thrift shops.
- After you buy whatever your buying you can up-cycle it. Adding some cool patches on a jacket, or some stitching on a shirt.
- Fashionistas like me have to keep an open mind about all types of styles, and different places to get ideas from.
- Basically the only place to get vintage clothes.
Whenever you want to go to a thrift shop make sure you take these things into consideration. Hope you enjoyed, Love Darnae.
Follow Me On