In the spirit of all the Fashion Weeks happening I really wanted to post something about it,but what. I had to asked myself one question, How did Fashion Week or even fashion shows begin? I bet you were wondering too and if you don’t want to read through a whole lot of stuff and get straight to the point then keep reading.
- The designer Charles Frederick Worth started showing clientele previews of his clothes giving the idea of a collection.
- Until about the 1800’s models were only used for painting portraits, so when designers presented clothing on real life humans to model this shocked the world.
- This brought ideas of staging shows to showcase what designers have made
- Ehrich Brothers shop in NY created the first fashion show to get female shoppers attention. Through the years other stores started to do the same
- The idea of a fashion week came from the “Fashion Parades” they had in Paris
- Americans got inspiration from Paris, but because of WWII they couldn’t travel to Paris so they made there on shows to showcase American Designers called “Press Week”.
Hope you learned a little something today. Follow this blog for for fashion and fun, bye for now.
FOLLOW ME ON